Friday, June 17, 2005

Finally!

Well it is almost unbelievable, but the husband and I are going on a vacation! We are going with relatives that own a condo in Sanible, Fl. So the rent is free. Just air fare (done), rental car (done), and food! This is sooo excellent. I really need to get away from it all for a little while. It's a much needed vacation that is for sure. I'll make sure that I take plenty of pictures, and actually post some.

I know that many of you have taken your crochet stuff on flights. The question is can I take my sterilites, or should I stick to the plastic? Please advise me if you know about this first hand. I don't really trust the airline site, because they change the rules everyday. Any advise would be appreciated Crochet friends!

I am finished with the bookmark swap, and need to send them on their way. Now I am hooked on making bookmarks! I am going to make bookmarks for every gift I need to give. So besides being drugged up, or drunk I want to bring my stuff... to keep the nervousness at bay somewhat.

I thought this was a cute photo of my Betty so I am sharing. It's the main reason why my bathroom floor isn't clean at the moment!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute.I hope you have a great time . When is the trip. A package is going to be sent on Monday to you. I want it to get to you befor you leave

YOUR
SECRET PAL

Kellycat said...

Hi Secret Pal,

Aren't you sweet! I am leaving on Thursday, and I can hardly wait. Husband, and I never even had a honeymoon... never the less go somewhere without my daughter. This should be fun. I think I will bring back some shells for you. :)

Thank you for the comment on my Betty. I have 7 now, most are old, but she is our baby. She really thinks she is human.

So your Little cow right? LOL

Hugs, Kelly~

Unknown said...

That's so cute!

I heard that all bans on knitting needles are lifted, so you shouldn't have a problem with crochet hooks, I would think. To be on the safe side, I would bring your plastic needles, or at least one to to carry on, and if they refuse your regular crochet hook, you can mail that back to yourself easily. Just bring an envelope stamped, a crochet hook probably doesn't weigh that much.

Anonymous said...

I traveled last month with metal hooks in hand and the security screeners didn't bat an eyelash. I also have a tendency to tuck the hook into the ball of yarn so it looks more legit. Happy travels!

Laura

Kellycat said...

Laura,

That is exactly what I did. I just put the hooks (2 clovers) in my ball of yarn. Go figure I watched a movie instead! Thanks again for the advice from ya'll!!

Juli said...

I hope you didn't have any problems taking your crochet on your flight. And...what a cute kitty you have!! :)

Brittany Day said...

Thanks for sharing thiis