2. The uninterrupted conversations w/hubby.
3. Stopping at the gourmet deli for a picnic lunch.
4. The deli's perfect potato salad. (Yum)
5. The deli's perfect rice pudding. (Yum) ok.ok.
6. Finding a great parking spot near the beach.
7. People are friendlier in the sand, and water.
8. The smell of the salt water.
9. The sound of the crashing waves.
10. Looking for shells... we have tons.
11. Getting to read.
12. No phone ringing. (The cell is off)
13. Staying late... so we can kiss on the blanket.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
1. Point of No Return
2. Gone with the Wind
3. 50 first dates
4. The truth about Cats & Dogs
5. Forest Gump
6. Thelma & Louise
7. Blind Date
8. Dirty Dancing
9. Interview with a Vampire
10. Scarlette letter A
11. Dangerous Beauty
12. Love Story
13. Reality Bites
There is no order to crazy list of mine!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
We went to the beach last Thursday, and then on Sunday. Sunday's trip was a treat for my daughter Christie who recently got a new job. We had a great time, and a lot of laughs.
She is training to be a vet's assistant on site. She has been working like a dog all week. 10-12 hours a day. The first day the poor kid was thrown into surgeries right when she walked in the door. She knew that she would be doing that, but not quite that quick. Once she realized how helpful, and responsible she needed to be she immediately started liking it. She started learning about the organs and such. She is very interested, and asks the vet many questions. He likes that. He also likes that she can control the cats, and helps to calm them down.
I don't think that legally she was supposed to be thrown into a position like that, but I'm not sure of the law just yet. The hourly pay sucks for now, but she loves the job, and her anxiety is low... thats key. The vet likes her a lot, and she likes him as well. She said that he treats animals very well, and that he really does care. She works such long hours because he never turns an animal away, and so far she doesn't seem to mind. He lives above the office, with his wife, and baby. Hopefully this will work out for my kiddo. She really is a smart cookie, loves animals, and needs a good job. I never imagined her doing this type of work, but sure am proud that she is. She really has interesting conversations now. It is very nice to see her so happy.
I've gotta get working on changing this blog soon,because it is boring the hell out of me! Hopefully I will find the time if I stop going to the beach.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
2. I helped make one really smart young lady!
3. I am open minded.
4. I am a very loyal person.
5. I am very creative, and can always keep busy.
6. I like the color of my eyes.
7. I love my pets like they are family.
8. I look sensational in a hat.
9. I taught myself how to do most anything.
10. I got my GED at the age of 37... for me!
11. I took a class to learn to create stained glass.
12. I fixed this post, because someone pointed out
that I had only posted 10~ Thank you for paying
attention to me. :)
13. I like that I took the time to think about me!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
I think that anyone that has ever watched his show, knew just where his head was at. He was crazy... yes. He was a risk taker... yes. He was also a great teacher concerning all kinds of animals.
What a sad way to die~ You didn't deserve it~ I hope that your children carry on your family tradition in animal conservation, and education. My best wishes to Terry, Bindi, and baby Bob.
Sleep well Steve Irwin... you will be missed!