Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

I hope that everyone eats lots of candy today, and gets fat! lol... only kidding! Have a safe & happy one! Make sure your kids are watched every second if you do decide to let them ring bells. I'm glad my daughter is to old for that stuff. I think 21 is a good cut off age don't you?? LOL

Went to a crafts festival / flea market yesterday with my daughter. It wound up being more on the flea market end of things. Lots of old flea markety junk! The crafts that were there just happened to be prefab stuff that comes in kits, and were wayyy over priced. The other crafts that I saw there were only being looked at for copying value. Nobody really buys somebody else's hard work anymore. Everyone prefers to do it themselves these days. I guess that is why there is such a resurgence for home made goodness... the price tags! Yes we would all love to sell what we love to do, but does it always work out that way?

Just finished some gorgeous scarves over the weekend, and also made my daughter a hat that she scooped up right away. I have to make a mental memo to hide stuff from now on. Then again I get her great discount at the store she works at... so I guess it balances out. I really have to make a mental note to take back Mandee's card from her.

Camera batteries are charging right now. I will take pics of everything including Karen Carter's goodness to me being a SP when I can.

2 comments:

Tandi said...

Happy Halloween Kelly!
I agree about craft shows, but I do think there is still money to be made in homemade crafts, you just have to know your market well and target the right crowd. I'm convinced there's still hope!
Have a great day.

Juli said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the scarves you made, and of your SP goodies. :)

And...tag! You're it. :) I was tagged by Karla at Karla's Korner. And the question is:

What's on your computer desktop??

Hugs!